Getting Here & Transportation
From Toronto to K-W:
- Take ON-401 W towards London
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for QEW/Hamilton/Ontario 403/Ontario 410/Brampton
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Ontario 401 W/London and merge onto ON-401 W
- Take exit 278 to merge onto ON-8 W toward Kitchener/Waterloo
From London to K-W:
- Take the ramp onto ON-401 E via ramp towards Toronto
- Take exit 278B for Regional Road 8/King St E toward Kitchener-Waterloo
- Merge onto King St E Merge onto ON-8 W via the ramp to Kitchener/Waterloo
From 401 East to Cambridge:
- Take 401 West headed to London
- Take the HWY-24 S/RR-24/Hespeler Rd Exit, exit 282. Toward Brantford
- Turn Left onto Hespeler Rd/HWY-24 S/RR-24 S.
From 401 West to Cambridge:
- Take 401 East headed to Toronto
- Merge onto Hespeler Rd/HWY-24 S/RR-24 S via exit 282 toward Brantford
VIA Rail runs between Kitchener and Toronto, Guelph, London, and Sarnia; the train station is located at 126 Weber St. W, near the corner of Victoria St. in the northeast corner of downtown. Via runs three trains a day in each direction. Learn more on VIA Rail’s website.
GoTransit Route 25 Waterloo/Mississauga. Stops in Waterloo Region: Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Waterloo, Kitchener Bus Terminal, Sportsworld and Cambridge Smart Centres. View GoTransit’s website.
Grand River Transit (GRT): Is the public transport operator for the Region of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. It operates daily bus services in the region, primarily in the cities of Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge. The iXpress bus rapid transit operated by GRT consists of three routes along main corridors in Kitchener-Waterloo and Cambridge. The older route, Route 200 runs from Conestoga Mall in Waterloo and Ainslie Street Terminal in Cambridge primarily along King Street in Kitchener and Waterloo and Hespeler Road in Cambridge. The second route, route 201, runs from Forest Glen Terminal in Kitchener to Conestoga Mall in Waterloo, primarily along Fischer-Hallman Road in both cities. The third, route 202, runs in a crosstown fashion through Waterloo, primarily along University Avenue, between the Boardwalk shopping centre and Conestoga Mall.
The following are licensed taxi-cabs companies by the Region of Waterloo: